Now that the 2021 season is in the books and all the coaching spots are filled (I think right McVay) enjoy the first crack at how round one might play out this April. Once free agency gets rolling many of these priorities will change and players will rise and fall in round one.
1. Jacksonville Jaguars Evan Neal OT, Alabama…Big boy to help stabilize the offensive line and protect franchise QB.
2. Detroit Lions Aidan Hutchinson EDGE, Michigan…It’s great when a franchise player and coach are cut from the same cloth. Hutchinson immediately becomes a day 1 starter and face of the franchise.
3. Houston Texans Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE, Oregon…Now that Lovie is in charge he gets a man to build his defense around.
4. New York Jets Ikem Ekwonu OT, NC State. Bodyguard for last year’s #1 pick.
5. New York Giants Jermaine Johnson EDGE, Florida State. Could Martindale ever have enough pass rusher. Things finally starting to point up for the G-Men
6. Carolina Panthers Charles Cross OT, Mississippi State. They roll with Darnold for another year and get him some protection.
7. New York Giants Trevor Penning OT, Northern Iowa…The worst offensive line in the league gets significantly better. Penning should give Jones at least a few more seconds.
8. Atlanta Falcons Travon Walker EDGE, Georgia…Falcons can use help so many places but pass rush and a player like Travon too hard to pass up.
9.Denver Broncos David Ojabo EDGE, Michigan..If the Broncos make this pick, getting a pass rusher will certainly be a wise choice. This pick may get traded for a QB.
10. New York Jets Kyle Hamilton S, Notre Dame…Jets get a leader of the secondary and a key component for the Saleh defense.